BACON, SPINACH & FETA STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- Sauté Pan
- 8 slices of bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 cups baby spinach raw
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon flour or breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 16 mushroom caps brushed of any debris
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium sauté pan, cook the bacon until crisp.
- Add butter and onions, cooking until softened, about 3–5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook for another 2 minutes, or until wilted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the nutmeg, flour, feta, plus
- salt and pepper to taste. Let cool.
- Stuff filling into mushroom caps and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Serve hot.
Mushrooms are rich in the B vitamins: riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid. This combination can help protect against heart disease!
Calories: 35kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 3gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 48mgPotassium: 432mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 4232IUVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 55mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!