CREAMY PUMPKIN MARINARA PASTA
- Large Pot
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 box rotini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Fresh basil
- 1/4 cup parmesan shredded (optional)
- Cook rotini pasta according to instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add oil to a large pot over medium heat and sauté onion until tender. Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add pumpkin puree, tomatoes, broth, and seasonings. Bring to a boil and stir continuously for about 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss pasta with sauce and divide into two servings.
- Serve pasta with fresh grated cheese and garnish with basil (optional).
Pumpkin isn’t just for pumpkin pie! This creamy, savory pasta is perfect for a day where you need a cozy, satisfying meal on the table in 30 minutes or less.
Serving: 2Calories: 193kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 5gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 1019mgPotassium: 72mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 272IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 171mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!