BAKED SALMON WITH GARLIC, ROSEMARY & THYME
- Large Baking Sheet
- Aluminum Foil
- 3 pounds salmon fillet
- 6 tablespoons ghee or butter melted
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley minced optional for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with foil, extra long to wrap the salmon later on. Spray the foil with avocado oil cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the ghee, garlic, rosemary, and thyme. Pat the salmon dry and sprinkle all over on both sides with sea salt and black pepper.
- Pour the ghee mixture over the salmon to evenly coat, rubbing the ghee on the skin underneath too to coat (it will crisp up a little this way). Sprinkle the lemon juice over the top of the salmon.
- Wrap the salmon with the foil, using extra to cover the top. Bake near the bottom of the preheated oven for about 18-20 minutes or until just cooked through (exact cook time with depend on thickness*)
- Unwrap the salmon so the top is completely exposed and switch the oven to “broil”. Place the unwrapped salmon under the broiler for about 3-4 minutes, watching it to prevent burning, until the top is browned to preference.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with minced parsley and serve immediately.
Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids which support heart and brain health!
Serving: 8Calories: 245kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 34gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 75mgPotassium: 845mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 93IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 25mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!