GREEN BEANS WITH SHALLOTS
- Large Skillet
- Stirring Spoon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or unsalted butter
- 2 large shallots thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 pound 12 oz. green beans or French green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Optional additions: garlic powder smoked paprika, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, etc.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and translucent, about 8 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add the beans, salt, pepper and water; bring to a boil. Cover the skillet, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove the lid and increase the heat to high. Cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid is evaporated, the beans are tender, and the shallots are jammy, about 6 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper, and other seasonings if preferred. Serve warm.
French green beans(also called Haricots Verts) are slightly longer and skinnier than regular green beans.
Serving: 4Calories: 1kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 292mgPotassium: 2mgFiber: 1gVitamin A: 1IUCalcium: 2mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!