HONEY GLAZED BALSAMIC PORK CHOPS
- Shallow Bowl
- Large Shallow Saucepan
- Small bowl
- Stirring Spoon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5-6 medium pork chops about 1½ lbs. total
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 teaspoon cilantro finely chopped (optional for garnish)
Honey Balsamic Glaze:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
Prepare the Pork Chops:
- Generously season both sides of each pork chop with salt and pepper.
- Place flour into a shallow bowl and dip the pork chops in to fully and evenly coat both sides. Set aside on a place.
- Heat oil in a large, shallow saucepan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes until the hot oil sizzles and shimmers.
- Add pork chops and sprigs of thyme. Sear the pork chops for about 5 minutes per side until golden brown and fully cooked through.
- Remove the pork chops and thyme from the pan, and set aside on a plate.
Prepare the Honey Balsamic Glaze:
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey, soy sauce and flour (you can use leftover flour from the shallow bowl that was used to coat the pork chops initially). Set aside.
- In the same saucepan used for the pork chops, turn the heat down to low and sauté garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the sauce and bring to a simmer until smooth and thickened to a desired consistency, about 2-3 minutes. Stir continuously to prevent the sauce from going lumpy.
- Return the pork chops to the pan and toss well to coat. Cook the pork chops with the sauce for another minute, then remove from heat.
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
Try serving with creamy mashed potatoes and sautéed garlic mushrooms for a complete meal.
Serving: 6Calories: 100kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 1gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 1250mgPotassium: 38mgFiber: 1gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 4IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 10mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!