Italian Style Vegetables
- Cutting Board
- Large Skillet With Lid
- 2 small zucchini about 1 pound
- 1 medium onion
- ½ small head of green cabbage
- ½ pound fresh green beans
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 cup chopped fresh or canned tomatoes
- Wash hands with warm water and soap.
- Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Wash and trim vegetables. Slice zucchini and onions into 1/2 inch pieces; snap beans into pieces; thinly slice or shred cabbage.
- Peel and finely dice garlic.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; add green beans and cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Continue stirring and add onions, cabbage, and zucchini. Cook over medium heat until soft.
- Add garlic, corn and oregano.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for one more minute.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving) Calories, 100; Carbohydrate, 18 g; Protein, 4 g; Total Fat, 2 g; Saturated Fat, 0 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 5 g; Total Sugars, 4 g; Sodium, 16 mg; Calcium, 34 mg; Folate, 89 mcg; Iron, 1 mg; Calories from Fat, 21%. Makes 8 servings, approximately 1 cup each.