EASY SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
- Cutting Board
- 2 Baking Sheets
- Stirring Spoon
- 4 large whole-wheat pitas
- 1 ⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 jar 12 oz. artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
- 1 box or 16 oz. of frozen spinach thawed
- 1 can 4 oz. roasted green chiles, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese whipped cream cheese has air beaten into it, making it lighter and easier to spread!
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Wash hands with warm water and soap for 20 seconds.
- Cut the pitas into 6 to 8 wedges each and separate the layers.
- Spread on 2 baking sheets and bake at 400°F for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Heat butter in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the artichokes, spinach, chilies, mayo, cream cheese, and lemon juice.
- Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until hot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the pita wedges.
Frozen spinach is more cost effective than fresh, and because it’s precooked, it yields significantly more actual spinach when cooked down!
Serving: 4Calories: 17kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 3mgPotassium: 49mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 3IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 12mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!