The Comfort of Tomatoes and Toast
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Spoons
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices dry toasted whole wheat bread
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Preheat broiler.
- Slice tomatoes in half and place on tray.
- Season with salt and pepper and broil 4 inches away from the heat for about 5 minutes.
- Serve on top of toast slices.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.