Sugar Snap Peas With Yogurt, Feta and Dill
- Large Pot
- Clean Kitchen Towel
- Cutting Board
- Small bowl
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt plus more for water and to taste
- ½ pound sugar snap peas trimmed (about 3 cups)
- 1 garlic clove finely grated or minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel or use radish or cucumber
- ½ packed cup roughly chopped fresh dill or use a combination of dill and fennel fronds
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup plain whole-milk yogurt if using Greek, thin it down with milk or water until pourable
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Have ready a bowl of well salted ice water and a slotted spoon next to the stove. Drop peas into boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Use the spoon to transfer peas to ice water to cool completely. Drain well and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- When cool enough to handle, put the peas on a cutting board and slice them in half, crosswise.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic and lemon juice. Stir in salt and pepper. Whisk in 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add the halved peas, fennel, dill and scallions, and toss well. Taste and add more lemon juice, olive oil or salt if needed.
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, 1/4 cup feta, lemon zest, and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice, to taste.
- Spread the yogurt on a serving platter, and spoon the peas on top. Scatter remaining 1/4 cup feta on top, drizzle with more oil, and top with herbs. Serve as a side dish or scooped onto crusty bread as an appetizer.
Serving: 4Calories: 163kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 2gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 158mgPotassium: 165mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 696IUVitamin C: 35mgCalcium: 55mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!