Sheet-Pan Roasted Fish With Sweet Peppers
- Sheet Pan
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 small bunch lemon thyme or
- regular thyme
- 1 ½ pounds hake fillets
- Fine sea salt and black pepper
- 3 large bell peppers preferably 1 red,
- 1 orange and 1 yellow thinly sliced
- 4 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive
- oil plus more for drizzling
- ¼ cup pitted sliced black or green
- olives or a combination
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar plus more
- to taste
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1 cup loosely packed Italian parsley
- leaves chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Pull 1 tablespoon thyme leaves off the bunchand finely chop.
- Season fish all over with a large pinch or two of salt and pepper and rub with chopped thyme leaves. Let rest at room temperature while you prepare peppers.
- Spread peppers on a rimmed sheet pan, and toss with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the black pepper to taste. Top peppers with the remaining thyme sprigs. Roast, tossing occasionally, until peppers are softened and golden at the edges, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 500 degrees. Push peppers to the edges of the pan, clearing a space in the center. Lay fish out on that empty space and drizzle with oil. Scatter olives over the top of fish and peppers. Roast until fish turns opaque and is just cooked through, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a vinaigrette by combining vinegar, garlic and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Whisk in remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, then whisk in parsley. Taste and add more salt or vinegar, or both, if needed. Serve fish and peppers drizzled with vinaigrette.
Calories: 261kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 29gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 126mgPotassium: 625mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 71mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!