Apple Rhubarb Crisp
- Baking dish
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cup
- mixing bowl
- Stirring Spoon
- 6 large apples cored and diced
- 1 cup diced rhubarb
- 1 cup white sugar Optional
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon Optional
- 1 ¾ cups quick cooking oats
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chilled butter cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons white sugar or to taste (Optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon or to taste (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Mix apples, rhubarb, 1 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl until thoroughly combined; spread fruit mixture into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Mix quick oats, 1 1/2 cup flour, and brown sugar in a separate bowl; cut butter into the oats mixture until crumbly. Spread the oats mixture evenly over the fruit mixture. If desired, combine 2 tablespoons white sugar with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top of the crisp.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the fruit is bubbling and thick and the topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes; best served warm.