Apple Turkey Gyro (Apple Turkey Pita)
- Non-Stick Skillet
- Stirring Spoon
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups sliced red bell pepper
- 2 cups sliced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ pound turkey breast cut into thin strips
- 1 medium apple cored and sliced
- 6 whole wheat pitas lightly toasted
- ½ cup low fat plain yogurt optional
- Wash hand with warm water and soap. Wash fresh fruits and vegetables before washing.
- In a nonstick skillet, sauté onion, lemon juice and bell peppers in oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir in turkey and cook until turkey is fully cooked (cook to 165 °F)
- Remove from heat and stir in apple.
- Fold each pita in half and fill with apple mixture; drizzle with yogurt. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 210; carbohydrate, 26 g; protein, 14 g; total fat, 6 g; saturated fat, 1 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 25 mg; dietary fiber, 4 g; total sugars, 8 g; sodium, 258 mg; calcium, 50 mg; folate, 32 mcg; iron, 1 mg; percent of calories from fat, 26% Serves 6, 1 gyro per serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!