Apple Tuna Sandwich
- Measuring Spoon
- Cutting Board
- 1 can of tuna 6 ½ ounce tuna in water, drained
- 1 small apple halved (remove seeds) and chopped (1 cup)
- ¼ cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey*
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh fruit and vegetables before preparing.
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna, apple, yogurt, mustard, and honey.
- Spread ½ cup mixture on 3 bread slices.
- Top each with lettuce leaf and remaining bread.
- Place on cutting board. Cut sandwiches in half and serve.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)* Honey should not be fed to infants less than one year of age. Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories, 274; Carbohydrate, 34 g; Protein, 25 g; Total Fat, 3 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Saturated Fat, 1 g; Cholesterol, 38 mg; Fiber, 3 g; Total Sugars, 11 g; Sodium, 490 mg; Calcium, 110 mg; Folate, 46 mcg; Iron, 2 mg; Percent Calories from Fat, 10%. Makes 3 servings, 2 sandwich halves each
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!