- Blender or Food Processor
- Large Bowl
- Plastic wrap
- 1 large bunch Tuscan kale ribs and stems removed, rinsed and spun dry
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice and zest of 1 fresh lemon
- ½ cup Parmesan finely grated
- Water as needed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a blender or food processor, combine the kale, pepitas and olive oil and process until very smooth. Add the garlic, lemon juice, zest and Parmesan cheese. Purée, adding water a little at a time as needed, until smooth. Transfer pesto to a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Store the pesto in a lidded container with a piece of plastic wrap pressed on the surface to prevent oxidation.
- Enjoy the pesto on pasta, combine with mayonnaise for a sandwich spread, tossed with roasted vegetables or on a cracker or slice of bread.