Effortless one pan meals are the go-to family meals. These kind of meals require minimal effort, but they pack a great punch of flavors.
The summer bounty is plentiful in the state of Arizona, and our local farmers are working hard to bring you the most prolific of bounties to get this dish started. It’s the bounty of carrots, fennel, and zucchini that make this seasonal skillet meal “insta-worthy” and also an easy go-to dish for the family.
This seasonal skillet meal is very versatile, in the sense that you can adapt it with any vegetables you have on hand. You can even add ground sausage to it for the meat eaters in your life. It’s an easy meal that can be made any day of the week, for any occasion. If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment or rate it below.
Root Vegetable Skillet
- Vegetable Peeler
- Cutting Board
- 2 ea Carrots use the smallest carrots for even cooking
- 1 ea Zucchini use any of choice
- 1/2 ea Fennel only use the whites
- 2 ea eggs
- 3 tsp oil I use coconut, but feel free to sub any of choice
- Shave the produce into thin strips of same width.
- Heat a pan to medium heat, then add oil.
- Saute the carrots and the fennel together for 5-10 minutes, to soften up.
- Add the zucchini and mix well, sautéing for another 3 minutes.
- Create two small areas and crack an egg into each. Season with salt and pepper, and cover the pan with a lid until eggs set, 3 minutes.
- Serve with toasted bread and enjoy.