Garlicky Sautéed Broccoli Rabe and Kale
- Stirring Spoon
- 4 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 Tbsp minced shallot
- 5 Tbsp large garlic cloves peeled and smashed
- ½ Tbsp bunch Andy Boy broccoli rabe trimmed and roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp packed cups stemmed and chopped lacinato kale leaves
- ¼ Tbsp of a fresh lemon
- Tbsp Salt and pepper
- Heat 2 Tbsp of the oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat to medium high heat. Add the shallot and sauté until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the garlic cloves and sauté, stirring constantly for 30 seconds.
- Add the broccoli rabe and sauté, stirring often, 5 minutes, or until the rabe has softened a bit. Add the kale to the pan along with the remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil. The pan will be very crowded, but will cook down. Sauté, stirring often until the greens have completely wilted and softened to your liking, 5-10 minutes.
- Squeeze the lemon juice onto the greens and season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!3. Squeeze the lemon juice onto the greens and season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!